List of active policies
|CONDITIONS OF USE||Site policy||All users|
Please read these Conditions of Use carefully. They apply to and govern your use of Cordie’s Virtual Purchasing Academy (VPA). You will need to indicate your acceptance of these Conditions of Use by clicking on the ‘agree’ button located at the bottom of the screen. By doing so, you can proceed to the VPA content. If you choose not to be bound by these terms, then you cannot proceed beyond this point. Please note that from time to time, we may vary these terms. When this proves necessary you will automatically be asked to read and agree to the new version.
Intellectual Property and Restrictions
1. All copyrights, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) and the ownership of all content located on the VPA shall remain vested in Cordie or its third party licensors and are proprietary information of those parties.
2. Unless specifically licensed by Cordie to do so, you may not:
a) Copy, share, give away, display, republish, redistribute, download, post, capture images of, broadcast, transmit or make available to another individual/party, or otherwise use the content in anyway except for your personal review, training/education purposes and non-commercial use; this includes photographing and/or print-screening specific pages of the content;
b) Transfer the content to any third party including work colleagues or other separate legal entities affiliated to you or your organisation;
c) Reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of or otherwise adapt, edit, modify, or translate the content;
d) Extract content in order to repurpose, disseminate or resell the content;
e) Engage in any systematic downloading or other activity related to the content to create an electronic database or archive; or
f) Transfer, distribute, pass on, disseminate and/or share your unique username and password to any other person, work colleague and/or third party.
3. These intellectual property rights are subject to the restrictions of use outlined in Clauses 1 and 2 and apply to any materials or content on the VPA including (this list is not exhaustive) images, videos and text whether directly featured on a VPA page and/or module or contained in a document (e.g. a PDF) accessible from a page, document and/or module on the VPA.
4. You acknowledge that the content provided on the VPA is Cordie’s (and its third party licensors’) sole and exclusive intellectual property and proprietary information. You agree to use the information only for the specific purposes as allowed under these terms. Any disclosure of the information to a third party specifically including a competitor is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the information is proprietary, confidential and extremely valuable to Cordie, and that Cordie would be materially damaged by your disclosure of the information.
Reservation of Rights
5. Cordie may at its sole discretion change, limit, or discontinue any aspect, content, tool or feature that is a part of the VPA. Cordie also reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict your use of the VPA; as well as suspend or revoke your right to use it if you violate these Conditions of Use.
6. Cordie reserves the right to monitor your use of the VPA to ensure your compliance to these Conditions of Use and to prevent unauthorised or fraudulent use. By using the VPA, you implicitly authorise Cordie to hold, monitor and process your personal data (this extends to your name and contact details) for the duration of your permitted access.
Furthermore, you implicitly authorise Cordie to share your personal data with your employer in accordance with any separate agreements pertaining to usage monitoring and in accordance with Clause 20.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
7. Cordie does not represent that the content contained on or available via the VPA is accurate, true, reliable, correct, complete, error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that access will be uninterrupted or secure and accordingly it should not be relied upon as such. Your access to the VPA is undertaken at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your electronic environment or device or any loss of data that results from such use.
8. You must take appropriate steps to ensure that you regularly check for and protect against viruses when using the VPA on any device. You must not introduce by any means any material that contains or includes any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Adware or Spyware, or other similar code, nor take any action to circumvent or reduce the effectiveness of any anti-virus or other malicious software detection, removal and protection precautions or undertake any actions which may cause disruption of or damage to Cordie’s electronic content and systems.
9. You must not undertake any prohibited usage including but not limited to the use of unlicensed software, personal data, unsolicited email, usage of the internet, the access, creation, storage or distribution of offensive, defamatory, discriminatory and/or harassing material, infringe any intellectual property rights regarding content, any misuse and in particular as outlined by the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or any such similar legislation thereafter.
10. You must not utilise the VPA or the content within it in any way that could expose Cordie to any criminal or civil liability.
11. Content contained in or accessible via the VPA may change. Cordie may at its sole discretion make improvements or alterations to the VPA at any time and without notice.
13. Cordie does not guarantee that use of the VPA:
a) Will be compatible with all hardware and software;
b) Will deliver any specific outcome for you; or that
c) Defects on the VPA will be corrected (save for those which Cordie is obliged to correct by law).
14. Cordie makes no statement about the suitability of the content, information and services contained on, or accessed via, the VPA. All warranties, terms and conditions in this regard including all warranties, terms and conditions express or implied by statute or otherwise under English Law, of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose, non-infringement of proprietary and the security and compatibility of your electronic environment are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt this includes content accessed via links to websites (including home pages, web pages or documents they contain) operated by another person or organisation.
15. The internet is not a secure means of communication. Emails may be intercepted by other individuals or organisations. You should not send electronic communication to Cordie through the VPA which contains personal data (including sensitive personal data) and/or confidential information about you or any other person, unless you accept that any such communication would be sent at your own risk and on the understanding that Cordie would not be liable for any loss that you might suffer as a result (except for losses which cannot be excluded or limited by law).
16. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cordie, its directors, employees and licensors from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal and other professional fees and expenses, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the VPA and any breach by you of these Conditions of Use or in connection with:
a) Any alleged or actual infringement of Cordie’s or a third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights in relation to your access and use of the VPA; or
b) Any claim made against Cordie in respect of liability, loss, damage, injury, cost or expense sustained by us or a third party to the extent that such liability, loss, damage, injury, cost or expense was caused by you as a consequence of your breach.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning them and any matter arising from them. Each party irrevocably waives any rights it might have to object to an action being brought in those Courts, to claim that the action has been brought in an inconvenient forum, or to claim that those Courts do not have jurisdiction.
18. All disputes and disagreements under these terms and conditions shall be managed between us in the first instance and we shall attempt, in good faith, to resolve any dispute promptly by negotiation.
19. If any part of these terms and conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect its original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
20. A waiver by either party of any term or condition or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
21. Cordie is a registered data processor with the UK’s Information Commissioner and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended or superseded from time to time) for the processing and storage of customer’s personal data. Your data will not be used for any other purpose other than the creation and maintenance of your unique login username and password to access the VPA. Your personal data will be held within the UK. For further information, please refer to Cordie’s full Privacy Statement. A copy of which is available on Cordie’s website www.cordie.co.uk
22. These Conditions of Use shall constitute the entire agreement and understanding between us in relation to your access and use of the VPA. You acknowledge that by agreeing to these terms and conditions you have not relied on any representation, warranty, or understanding given by or on behalf of Cordie, provided that nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.